Malware Protection and Removal Services
DKS Computer Services understands viruses, trojans, and spyware are more aggressive and sophisticated now than ever before. Fortunately, DKS Computer Services has the skills and experience necessary to protect your systems and networks from costly infections that have the ability to compromise your data, expose trade secrets, and decrease productivity.
DKS Computer Services can develop a multi-tiered strategy designed specifically to protect you and your information. This includes properly configured firewalls, continually self updating virus protection software packages, and real time scanning feature which monitors all incoming and outgoing mail. Additionally, we have the capability to isolate and eliminate infections you might already have.
If you are already infected
If your systems have been compromised, our experienced technicians will safely protect your data and eliminate all infections. We will also try to determine if information has been compromised and help take measures to isolate and minimize the potential damage. We will then put in place systems and software to protect against future attacks. Please note that while we will do our absolute best to preserve your system and application environment, it is sometimes necessary to rebuild the system from scratch to ensure that your system will not become re-infected. In this circumstance, most of your application settings can be preserved but software will often need to be re-installed.
Depending on your needs, we have a variety of weapons in our anti-malware arsenal
- Single computer systems - We generally recommend a fully featured, commercially licensed software suite that is designed for single computer installations. NOD32 is by far our favorite application for this purpose as it is not only highly effective but is also very light on system resources.
- Domain or office network systems - Again we suggest fully featured commercially licensed software that allows you to monitor and protect single or multiple server systems. Some products feature a single web based interface with proactive alert options to you should an attack or problem arise. You may also benefit through cost savings through volume licensing of software. We will assess your specific situation to determine which software and solutions are right for you.
Whichever anti-malware defense best serves your needs, DKS Computer Services is here to help you to install, mantain, and monitor it for you. Call us immediately to protect your critical data today!
Dictionary of Common terms
- Malware - Malicious software is often called Malware. The most common are viruses and spyware. Viruses of many different types are found floating through the Internet. Consider yourself lucky if you have never been the victim of a virus as over 80% of computer users presently have malware installed on their system without them even being aware of it's presence. There are many talented programmers out there with a lot of time on their hands writing software programs intended to harm your computer or steal your data.
- Virus - The typical virus requires activation through user intervention, such as double clicking or sending outgoing email with an infected attachment or malicious scripts embedded. Once activated a virus could essentially wipe out or compromise existing data or even send out spam type emais to everybody in your email contact lists. Viruses are scary and that is why DKS Computer Services takes anti virus solutions so seriously.
- Worm - A worm releases a document containing the "worm" macro and sends copies of itself to other computers through network flaws, therefore bypassing any need for user intervention.
- Trojan Horse - A common yet difficult computer threat to remove is called a Trojan Horse. This is a program that tricks the user into installing it, often by claiming to be a beneficial program that has detected problems with your system.
- Rootkit - Rootkits are software packages that install themselves "underneath" the operating system. With a rootkit, a malicious user can maintain full control over your system and remain invisible to most anti-malware software. This type of infection can be difficult to detect on your own, but the experts at DKS Computer Services can determine if you have been compromised in this fashion and will quickly eliminate this software.
DKS Computer Services is a Denver IT Consulting firm. Our primary services include: Information Technology Consulting and Administration, Network Security and Management, Business Email Solutions, Computer Repair, Computer Virus Removal, and much more.
Universal Tags: Computer Virus Removal, Malware Removal, Virus Protection, Spyware Removal, PC Virus Removal, Worm Virus Removal, Remove Trojan Viruses, Computer Virus Removal Services, Email Virus Removal
Proudly serving the San Francisco Bay Area and the Colorado Front Range for over 20 years:
Denver CO, Boulder CO, Aurora CO, Ft. Collins CO, Colorado Springs CO, and the Front Range